Thursday, May 28, 2009

Still the One!

May 25, 1994...

...FIFTEEN years ago today...

I became the husband of Lisa Renee. It seems like just yesterday I was standing on a folding chair hanging strands of white lights in a tent and eating a JR's cream-filled powered donut.

I really didn't comprehend what was about to happen to me. The shared joy and sorrow, the shared comfort and pain, the shared life. It is definitely the best part of my life having shared it with Lisa. We have wept at the gravesides of a niece and dear friends, wept with frustration and resignation during the infertility years (especially Mother's and Father's days), wept with fear and pride 9-11-01, wept with joy at the miracle birth of Eli and Jillian, wept at the bottom of emotional talks in the van in a parking lot.

We have held each other in passion's fire, the cold of disappointment and when we didn't know what else to do.

She is my joy, my love, my soul-mate, my life partner. Her beauty, wisdom and imagination endear her to me. I cherish our talks, walking and holding her hand and her smile.

She asked me recently, "Where will we be in 15 years?" I don't know what the world will be like, but if I'm alive I will be with her.

She's still the one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you love my sister!!
Happy Aniversary!!!
You two show the love that I pray for in a marriage one day!
May God keep His hand on you both!
Tears came to my eyes!!
SOULMATES!!!
you sister in law,
Rachel

The Momma said...

Babe! I love you with all that am. I love you so much more than I thought possible 15 years ago. For me, YOU are still the one too!!