Friday, October 24, 2008

An enigma, wrapped up in a riddle, surrounded by mystery, contained in a cunundrum...

I have one unanswered question. I ponder it often in moments of quiet reflection. I wrangle with its complexity. Like an unfinished quest, I pursue its meaning.

And just yesterday, it assaulted my thinking again. The onslaught began so innocently:

Q: "How did a guy like you get such a beautiful wife."

A: " I don't know, but she is, isn't she!"

And there I was, face to face with the question with no answer -- the riddle with no solution -- the quest with no end.

I do not know how, since I barely proposed. It actually involved a spreadsheet-type financial analysis of the benefits of our getting married! She actually had to ask, "Are you proposing?" This is not a strategy I will recommend to my E when he finds the One.

As to why she actually did, this is the greater mystery. I cannot even pretend an answer to this one.

So I am coming to the resolution I always do when assaulted by the amazing truth that Lisa did, and is remaining married to me. "I don't know, but I thank God every day that she did!"

2 comments:

The Momma said...

I adore you!!

DeeDee said...

God put together two of the most wonderful people that I know...that's the how and why of it all. Love you both, and am so thankful every day for you.
Love,
DeeDee