Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Come, SLIDE with me...

My DW is so creative. She amazes me with the things she imagines into reality. My life is definitely more interesting and wonderful because of her.

She had this idea. Let's put a slide off our back deck onto the patio for the kids. You just need to move a few runners and nail it down and it will work safely.

So we went to Lowe's and bought an 8-foot sliding board. I removed three runners and lag-bolted the slide into place. Then I moved our grill to the other end of the patio so they would not fall into searing hot metal at the end of their rides.

The kids almost exploded with excitement and anticipation as I went through the assembly.

Finally, E. was commissioned as the test pilot. He barely moved. The excitement meter went from explosive to fizzled in an instant.

So what's a Papa to do but go to the garage and retrieve the car wax to help things along. Yes, I waxed the board and buffed it to a high-gloss finish.

E.'s next test flight was literally a flight. One nanosecond he was sitting at the top of the slide, the next he was at the bottom. It was as if the car wax had transformed the slide into a Star Trek-like transporter, capable of moving matter through space instantly.

The excitement meter rebounded to near-explosive as E & J streaked down the lighting slide of speed.

1 comment:

The Momma said...

Thanks for taking my wacky idea and making it real!