Monday, February 13, 2012

JESUS IS LORD!

"What would it hurt, a little pinch of incense and a few mumbled words?"

That was the plea from the Roman officials in Smyrna to Bishop Polycarp, disciple of John, disciple of Jesus Christ. After all he was 86 years old and lead the worship he loved among his brethren every week. Just a pinch and a few words...

But Polycarp refused. He would not preform his "civic duty." He would not offer incense to the worship of Caesar and the Empire. He would not declare, "Caesar is Lord."

At his execution site he was asked again to preform his "civic duty." Instead he said, "Eighty-six years I have served Christ, and He never did me any wrong. How can I blaspheme my King who saved me?" He was then taken away and executed -- for just a pinch of incense and a few words.


I post today that I echo my brother Polycarp in rejecting my "civil duty" to the country I love and in declaring, "ONLY JESUS IS LORD." I have no other.

Just a little money in an insurance policy that will cover procedures YOU WILL NEVER USE. What does it hurt? You are not responsible for what others do with this coverage. Abortifacients are included along with contraceptions my Roman Catholic relatives cannot condone.

I declare today, "ONLY JESUS IS LORD." I have no other.

No comments: