Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lord, Throughout These Forty Days...5

As I continue to walk with the Lord in the Wilderness, I notice this morning His solitude.

Strange...because I am preparing for my weekly worship gathering with my wonderful church family. I will not be alone with the Father today. I will not lead alone today. Tim and Lisa will shoulder the load like Aaron and Hur of old. We will sing together, pray together, plan together, feed together on His word, work together and serve together around the Loaves and Fishes tables.

I must leave my lone Lord. I walk with His people.

Then this afternoon I hope to re-enter His solitude and solice. I cannot live my life What-Would-Jesus-Do style, because I cannot do what Jesus can. Forty days alone. Forty days without food. Forty days of intense temptation.

But still He calls, "You MUST follow me." And so I walk in the shadow of His cross. I am totally dependent on Him -- gracious and merciful. I walk, a simple follower, behind my mighty Leader -- our Lord.

No comments: