Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Gift

Lis is under a lot of pressure right now with work and other responsibilities and her impending trip to CA. So much so that I think she really just wanted to come home from work and crash in the bed to recharge her batteries. Then Eli had a plan.

Let's go to Bob Evan's. So we did.

When we arrived we were seated near two very young parents and a VERY young baby. Lisa engaged them in conversation to learn the baby was only a week old and they were just venturing out for the first time as a family.

While we were entertaining our kids waiting on our meals, she slips me a note written on the back of a paper placemat: Let's pay for their dinner.

So at an appropriate moment, I excused myself from our table and went to find their waitress. She gave me their ticket. I payed for it and returned to our table.

Later when the lady asked for her ticket the waitress informed her that an anonymous person had paid for their meal. She seemed shocked.

I know Lisa is stressed right now. I know she has a lot on her mind. But I wish you could have seen the sparkle in her eyes as she hatched up this plan and saw it executed. She was beautiful and peaceful and happy.

Seconds later the moment passed as the realities of life with us and the responsibilities crept back into her consciousness.

She is a wonderful woman and I know this season of pressure will pass. Even in it, she has such a beautiful spirit and generous heart. It is that inner glow that makes me fall in love with her over and over and over and over...

1 comment:

The Momma said...

I :heart: you so much. Thank you for loving me during this season.