Thursday, April 02, 2009

My Boy is SO Smart!!

This morning, while driving to schools, E looks out the window and says, "Daddy, those clouds are purple. What does that mean? Pink ones mean rain." A little further down the road, he muses, "Daddy, those are aligator clouds." [a sign that the weather is changing]

I have been pointing out certain cloud formations and their prediction power for the day's weather. But having only mentioned them twice at most, I am truly impressed with his memory capacity and his ability to draw inferences and apply them to new cloud formations.

He delights me with his talkative, pokey reflections on life. I get to see the world again through his truly fresh eyes. I see with wonder what I have come to take for granted through constant exposure.

My boy is SO smart!!

No comments: